Australian Competition Law: Expert Profiles
Senior Lecturer, Melbourne Law School
Relevant qualifications and honours
- B.Com Melb (2000)
LLB (First Class Honours) Melb (2000)
LLM Melb (2009)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria
Relevant work history and committee involvement
- 2010 - Senior Lecturer
- 2005-2009 - Lecturer, Melbourne Law School
- Solicitor, Minter Ellison (Melbourne)
Competition law publications
- Duns and Duke, Competition Law: Cases and Materials, LexisNexis Butterworths (4th edn, 2015)
- Griggs L, Duke A, Nielsen J and Cejnar L, Competition Law in Australia, Kluwer Law International, The Netherlands, 2012
- Duns and Duke, Competition Law: Cases and Materials, LexisNexis Butterworths (3rd edn, 2011)
- John Duns, Arlen Duke and Brendan Sweeney, 'Themes' in John Duns, Brendan Sweeney and Arlen Duke (eds) Comparative Competition Law, Research Handbooks in Comparative Law, Edward Elgar (November 2015) (chapter 1)
- Arlen Duke, 'Public enforcement' in John Duns, Brendan Sweeney and Arlen Duke (eds) Comparative Competition Law, Research Handbooks in Comparative Law, Edward Elgar (November 2015) (chapter 11)
- Arlen Duke and Rhonda L Smith, 'The Harper Review Recommendations on Anticompetitive Agreements: Some Comments' (December 2015) 48 (4) Australian Economic Review 428
- Rhonda L Smith and Arlen Duke, 'Information exchange, hub and spoke arrangements and collusion' (2015) 43(2) Australian Business Law Review 81
- Arlen Duke and Matthew E Taylor, 'Parallel import restrictions: Core intellectual property rights or unjustified restraints on trade?' (2015) 22(3) Competition and Consumer Law Journal 254
- Matthew E Taylor and Arlen Duke, 'Refocussing the parallel import debate' (2014) 22 Competition and Consumer Law Journal 21
- Rhonda L Smith and Arlen Duke, 'Agreements and competition law in Australia' (2014) 22 Competition and Consumer Law Journal 54
- Arlen Duke, 'The Empire Will Strike Back: The Overlooked Dimension to the Parallel Import Debate' (2014) 37(3) Melbourne University Law Review 585
- Arlen Duke and Leela Cejnar, 'Competition and the banking sector: friend or foe?' (2013) 7 Law and Financial Markets Review 152-158
- Leela Cejnar and Arlen Duke, 'Competition policy and the banking sector: the need for greater international co-operation' (2013) 34 European Competition Law Review 584-590
- Arlen Duke, 'Broadening the extraterritorial reach of Australia's cartel prohibition: Adopting the 'effects' doctrine without the negative effects' (2010) 38 Federal Law Review 97-142
- Arlen Duke, 'Representations as to the future under the proposed Australian consumer law' (2009) 33 MULR 454-482.
- Rhonda Smith, Arlen Duke and David Round, 'Signalling, collusion and s 45 of the Trade Practices Act' (2009) 17 Competition & Consumer Law Journal 22-42.
- Arlen Duke, 'The need to close the ‘take advantage’ gap in the regulation of unilateral anti-competitive conduct' (2008) 15 Competition & Consumer Law Journal 284-301
- Arlen Duke and M. Richardson, 'Music markets and bad actors in copyright and competition law' (2008) 16 Competition & Consumer Law Journal 203-219
- Arlen Duke, 'A universal duty of good faith: An economic perspective' (2007) 33 Monash University Law Review 182-202.
- Arlen Duke, 'A more efficient use of efficiencies in merger authorisation determinations' (2007) 35 Australian Business Law Review 278 - 292
- M. Richardson and A. Duke, 'Hello!, Nike and Kazaa: Bargaining in the shadow of intellectual property law' (2007) 18 Entertainment Law Review 56 - 61.