The Hon Justice Peter Hely (dec. 2005)
Federal Court of Australia (1998-2005)
Deputy President, Australian Competition Tribunal
- Judge, Federal Court of Australia (2 October 1998 - 1 October 2005)
- Member of the Sydney Commercial Bar
- Denied interlocutory injunction to South Sydney in South Sydney District Rugby League Football Club Ltd v News Ltd (1999) 165 ALR 120
- More forthcoming
Prior to taking judicial office, Justice Hely acted as counsel in some significant competition law cases, including:
- Representing News Ltd in the SuperLeague case.
Justice Hely passed away in Paris in October 2005
The Justice Peter Hely Scholarship was established by the University of Sydney Law School to promote postgraduate study in the fields of commercial law and equity.
- View Speech by JD Heydon at the launch of the Justice Peter Hely Memorial Scholarship, 27 May 2008