Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
(1) The Governor General may appoint a person who is, or is to be, a member of the Commission to be a Deputy Chairperson of the Commission.
(1A) If there is at least one fully participating jurisdiction, the Governor General must not appoint a person as a Deputy Chairperson unless the Governor General is satisfied that a majority of such jurisdictions support the appointment.
(1B) Before the Governor General appoints a person as a Deputy Chairperson, the Minister must be satisfied that, immediately after the appointment, there will be at least one Deputy Chairperson who has knowledge of, or experience in, small business matters.
(2) A person appointed under this section holds office as Deputy Chairperson until the expiration of his or her period of appointment as a member of the Commission or until he or she sooner ceases to be a member of the Commission.
(3) Where a member of the Commission appointed as Deputy Chairperson is, upon ceasing to be a Deputy Chairperson by virtue of the expiration of the period of his or her appointment as a member, re appointed as a member, he or she is eligible for re appointment as Deputy Chairperson.
(4) A Deputy Chairperson may resign his or her office of Deputy Chairperson by writing signed by him or her and delivered to the Governor General.
(5) Not more than 2 persons may hold office as Deputy Chairperson at any one time.