Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
The following is a simplified outline of this Part:
• This Part sets out an enforcement regime for the purposes of finding out whether there has been a contravention of this Act, Part 20 of the Telecommunications Act 1997 or Part 9 of the Telecommunications (Consumer Protection and Service Standards) Act 1999.
• Division 2 provides for the appointment of inspectors and the issue of identity cards.
• Division 3 deals with entry to premises with the consent of the occupier of the premises.
• Division 4 deals with entry to premises under a search warrant issued by a magistrate. It sets out the powers available under a search warrant, the obligations of persons entering the premises and the rights and responsibilities of the occupier of the premises.
• Division 5 contains some general provisions relating to the operation of electronic equipment at premises.
Note: See also section 155 (which deals with the obtaining of information, documents and evidence).
Part XID, including s 154A, inserted by Trade Practices Legislation Amendment Act (No 1) 2006 (Act 131 of 2006)