Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
Meetings of Commission
(1) Subject to this section, the Chairperson shall convene such meetings of the Commission as he or she thinks necessary for the efficient performance of the functions of the Commission.
(2) Meetings of the Commission shall be held at such places as the Chairperson determines.
(3) The Chairperson shall preside at all meetings of the Commission at which he or she is present.
(4) In the absence of the Chairperson from a meeting of the Commission:
(a) if there are 2 Deputy Chairpersons available to preside at the meeting - the Chairperson may nominate 1 of them to preside at the meeting; or
(b) if there is only 1 Deputy Chairperson available to preside at the meeting - that Deputy Chairperson is to preside at the meeting.
(5) Subject to this Act and the regulations, the member presiding at a meeting of the Commission may give directions regarding the procedure to be followed at or in connexion with the meeting.
(6) At a meeting of the Commission:
(a) three members (including the Chairperson or a Deputy Chairperson) form a quorum;
(b) all questions shall be decided by a majority of votes of the members present and voting; and
(c) the member presiding has a deliberative vote and, in the event of an equality of votes, also has a casting vote.
(7) If the Commission so determines, a member or members may participate in, and form part of a quorum at, a meeting of the Commission or a Division of the Commission by means of any of the following methods of communication:
(b) closed circuit television;
(c) another method of communication determined by the Commission.
(8) A determination made by the Commission under subsection (7) may be made in respect of a particular meeting or meetings of the Commission or a Division of the Commission or in respect of all meetings of the Commission or a Division of the Commission.