Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
Chairperson may direct Commission to sit in Divisions
(1) The Chairperson may, by writing signed by him or her, direct that the powers of the Commission under this Act in relation to a matter shall be exercised by a Division of the Commission constituted by the Chairperson and such other members (not being less than two in number) as are specified in the direction.
(2) Where the Chairperson has given a direction under subsection (1), he or she may, by writing signed by him or her, at any time before the Division of the Commission specified in the direction has made a determination in relation to the matter, revoke the direction or amend the direction in relation to the membership of the Division or in any other respect, and where the membership of a Division of the Commission is changed, the Division as constituted after the change may complete the determination of the matter.
(3) For the purposes of the determination of a matter specified in a direction given under subsection (1), the Commission shall be deemed to consist of the Division of the Commission specified in the direction.
(4) The Chairperson is not required to attend a meeting of a Division of the Commission if he or she does not think fit to do so.
(5) At a meeting of a Division of the Commission at which neither the Chairperson nor a Deputy Chairperson is presiding, a member of the Commission nominated for the purpose by the Chairperson shall preside.
(6) Notwithstanding section 18, at a meeting of a Division of the Commission, two members form a quorum.
(7) A Division of the Commission may exercise powers of the Commission under this Act notwithstanding that another Division of the Commission is exercising powers of the Commission at the same time.