Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
Commission may invite public submissions
(1) The Commission may publish, by electronic or other means, a notice inviting public submissions:
(a) on an application under subsection 44PA(1); or
if it considers that it is appropriate and practicable to do so.
(2) The notice must specify how submissions may be made and the day by which submissions may be made (which must be at least 14 days after the day the notice is published).
Consideration of submissions
(3) Subject to subsection (6), in making its decision, the Commission:
(a) must have regard to any submission made on or before the day specified in the notice; and
(b) may disregard any submission made after the day specified in the notice.
Commission may make submissions publicly available
(4) The Commission may make any written submission, or a written record (which may be a summary) of any oral submission, publicly available.
(5) A person may, at the time of making a submission, request that the Commission:
(a) not make the whole or a part of the submission available under subsection (4); and
(b) not publish or make available the whole or a part of the submission under section 44PF;
because of the confidential commercial information contained in the submission.
(6) If the Commission refuses such a request:
(a) for a written submission - the Commission must, if the person who made it so requires, return the whole or the part of it to the person; and
(b) for an oral submission - the person who made it may inform the Commission that the person withdraws the whole or the part of it; and
(c) if the Commission returns the whole or the part of the submission, or the person withdraws the whole or the part of the submission, the Commission must not:
(i) make the whole or the part of the submission available under subsection (4); and
(ii) publish or make available the whole or the part of the submission under section 44PF; and
(iii) have regard to the whole or the part of the submission in making its decision.