Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
Minor variations of authorizations
(1) A person to whom an authorization was granted, or another person on behalf of such a person, may apply to the Commission for a minor variation of the authorization.
(2) On receipt of an application, the Commission must, if it is satisfied that the variation sought in the application is a minor variation, by notice in writing given to any persons who appear to the Commission to be interested:
(a) indicate the nature of the variation applied for; and
(b) invite submissions in respect of the variation within a period specified by the Commission.
Note: Alternatively, the Commission may rely on consultations undertaken by the AEMC: see section 90B.
(3) After considering the application and any submissions received within the period specified, the Commission may make a determination in writing varying the authorization or dismissing the application.
(4) The Commission must not make a determination varying an authorization to which, if it were a new authorization, subsection 90(5A), (5B), (5D), (6) or (7) would apply, unless the Commission is satisfied that, in all the circumstances, the variation would not result, or would be likely not to result, in a reduction in the extent to which the benefit to the public of the authorization outweighs any detriment to the public caused by the authorization.
(5) The Commission must not make a determination varying an authorization to which, if it were a new authorization, subsection 90(5C), (8), (8A), (8B) or (9) would apply, unless the Commission is satisfied that, in all the circumstances, the variation would not result, or would be likely not to result, in a reduction in the benefit to the public that arose from the original authorization.
(6) Nothing in this section prevents a person from applying for 2 or more variations in the same application.
(a) a person applies for 2 or more variations:
(i) at the same time; or
(ii) in such close succession that the variations could conveniently be dealt with by the Commission at the same time; and
(b) the Commission is satisfied that the combined effect of those variations, if all were granted, would not involve a material change in the effect of the authorization;
the Commission may deal with all of those variations together as if they were a single minor variation.
(8) An application for a minor variation may be withdrawn by notice in writing to the Commission at any time.
- Amendments containing reference to Division 1A of Part IV (price signalling) inserted - to come into operation on 6 June 2012.
Schedule 1, Section 7: Subsection 91A(4)
After "(5B),", insert "(5D),".
Section 8: Subsection 91A(5)
Omit "90(8)", substitute "90(5C), (8)".